Riverside Sunderland will transform a 32-hectare site in the heart of Sunderland into a dynamic, carbon-neutral urban quarter.
The scheme looks to create:
- 1000 new energy efficient homes in four distinctive neighbourhoods, doubling the city centre population and creating a vibrant new community
- A new central business district with one million square feet of modern office space, complemented by space for small businesses and start-ups
- A Culture House with a new city library and hub for creativity, making and learning
- Beautiful parks and open spaces with new river crossings for walkers and cyclists
A number of key projects are underway:
- A stunning new City Hall is open
- The Auditorium, a 450-seat performing arts venue in the Fire Station complex is open
- Legal & General have submitted plans for two new flagship office buildings, part of their £100 million investment
- 120-room, four-star hotel in Keel Square is open
For further information contact the Invest team on +44 (0)191 440 5761 or email@example.com.