Devolution: A step forward
Tuesday 10 March 2020 10.00-10.45
Invest Newcastle, Stand C19.C
Almost one year since Jamie Driscoll was elected as the first ever Mayor for the North of Tyne Combined Authority, this event will explore the role devolution can play in transforming a city region. Are the UK’s first devolved regions having the desired impact on the lives of their people, businesses and communities? Where have the successes been in healthcare, transport and housing? Where do the key challenges remain?
The North of England’s economy is larger than the economies of most EU countries and it has a significant inheritance of economic assets. Set against the backdrop of post-Brexit Britain, can devolution help the North thrive and support the entire country’s future prosperity? This panel will discuss what’s next for devolution and assess the role the Northern Powerhouse can play over the next 12 months.
- Pat Ritchie, Chief Executive of Newcastle City Council – Confirmed
- Henri Murison | Director, Northern Powerhouse Partnership – Confirmed
- Kris Krasnowski, Deputy Director, Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government (MHCLG)
- Eamonn Boylan | Chief Executive, Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- Katy Harris, Director of Pre-construction, Seddon