The changing face of retail: The transformation of Newcastle’s retail core
Thursday 12 March 2020 13.00-13.30
Invest Newcastle, Stand C19.C
This event will explore the changing face of retail – a dynamic and fast-paced environment that has undergone significant change over recent years. Many UK cities, including Newcastle have used this opportunity to reinvent themselves and inject life into city centres. Customer experience is a vital component to urban generation and placemaking. With the decline of the High Street are people now looking for new experiences and culture? What role do events play?
Newcastle has been maximising ‘meanwhile space’ opportunities within their retail core, using this as a catalyst for creativity, collaboration and placemaking. Collaboration and solid private and public sector relationships have been instrumental in the transformation of their retail core.
Join national experts and the Newcastle’s public and private sector to hear more about the diverse world of retail property, challenges, opportunities and the impact on communities and cities.
- Michelle Percy, Director of Place, Newcastle City Council
- Tania Love, European WICE Awards Woman Architect of the Year, Architect at FaulknerBrown
- Mark Williams, Executive Director (Rivington Hark) and Vice President of Revo
- Ailish Christian-West, President, Landsec Group and President of Revo
- Dr. Steve Norris, Director and National Head of Planning, Development & Regeneration, Lambert Smith Hampton