Top trends impacting on commercial real estate in 2020
Wednesday 11 March 2020 13.00-13.30
Invest Newcastle, Stand C19.C
This event will look in-depth at Avison Young’s Global Forecast Report, which sets out the top trends that are significant for the real estate market in 2020.
Their Global Head of Research will talk through, not only how these emerging trends are impacting commercial real estate, but the opportunities they present for stimulating investment and regeneration, particularly in major UK regional cities outside of London.
He will be joined by a public and private sector panel, who will discuss what these means for businesses and cities across the world.
Understanding economic, geopolitical and business drivers is central to navigating the current market and prepare real estate strategies that have resilience for the future.
The top trends that will be discussed include:
- Lower for longer – Living with low interest rates
- Power to the people – How populism is changing the world
- (De) globalization – A paradigm shift
- Building resilience – City’s response to climate change
- Place (Making an impact) – Socially responsible investing
- The rebirth of retail – The reinvention of the retail sector
- Let’s talk about flex – The future of flexibility
- AI – Augmented Intelligence
- Wishing well – The new front in war for talent
- Heaving lifting – Logistical challenges
This is an unmissable opportunity to join in discussions and gain insight into how the property market will be shaped in 2020 and beyond.
In partnership with Avison Young
- Dr. Nick Axford, Avison Young Principal and Global Head of Research
- Gordon Hewling, Principal and Regional Managing Director, Avison Young
- Rachel Dickie, Head of Urban Generation, Legal & General
- Paul Bell, Partner, Ryder Architecture
- Michelle Percy, Director of Place, Newcastle City Council