What’s next for the evolution of smart and sustainable places?
Wednesday 16 March 2022 10:00-10:45
Invest Newcastle, Stand C19.C
The pandemic has intensified the evolution of smart cities and their role in creating a better quality of life for residents. As global cities and their smart credentials grow at pace there are many societal challenges to consider. Are smart cities truly sustainable? How do our actions impact on society? Digital inclusivity and environmental sustainability will play a critical role in the evolution of smart places. How can we ensure we create a place that is accessible and inclusive to all?
Newcastle has been named as the highest UK city and ahead of some of the world’s best-known cities in the global Smart City Index with this ranking measuring how the lives of communities are improved by smart technology. Newcastle has also submitted a bid to the European Commission for the city to become one of its 100 climate-neutral and smart cities by 2030. What can we learn from the Middle East and North Africa?
Smart and intelligent technology will enable cities to overcome the economic and social challenges for years to come. This event will explore how digital innovation can create more desirable places to live, work, invest and visit.
• James Hall | Executive Director, MonstarLab
• Jackie Du Plooy | Executive Engagement Director, Monstarlab UAE
• Sabrina Venish | Global Head of Platform Solutions, PlaceOS
• Jenny Nelson | Digital Newcastle Programme Manager, Newcastle City Council
• Ben Jackson | Head of Project Development Services for the Middle East and North Africa, JLL
Sponsored by: MonstarLab Global