Newcastle is a great city, one that never stands still. A city that makes history and shapes the future, a place of bright sparks and big ideas.
In just over 10 years from now, we plan to deliver 14,000 new jobs, 19,000 new homes and to have radically reinvented our transport system in the city centre and beyond and, with an investment pipeline worth £1.5 billion, there are a raft of projects under development that will continue this transformation.
Newcastle is at the heart of a region of fast growth, innovation and energy. It’s a place that makes history and shapes the future with most of our knowledge led industry sectors outpacing other UK regions for growth; in addition we’ve been named a leading smart city and ranked as a top 10 tech hub.
Key investment & development opportunities include three in the accelerated development zone:
- Newcastle Science Central, a 9.7ha city centre innovation and science hub;
- Stephenson Quarter, a 4ha site in the historic quarter of Newcastle with an exciting mix of Grade II listed buildings and new contemporary architecture
- East Pilgrim Street, spanning 7.9ha of prime retail and leisure core
And two enterprise zone sites:
- Newcastle International Airport Business Park, 41ha of land adjacent to the Airport and providing logistics opportunities with airside access
- North Bank of the Tyne, central to the offshore and subsea sectors with some of the best infrastructure in Europe
As a leading location for FDI, 50,000 students across two city centre universities and the Rough Guide naming Newcastle and Gateshead the number 1 place to visit in 2018 – come and find out for yourself why Newcastle and the region is generating international interest from investors, developers and occupiers
Who will be @ MIPIM
Tom Warburton | Director of Place - Newcastle City Council
Pat Ritchie | Chief Executive
Michelle Percy| Assistant Director - Commercial Development